Sunday, July 22, 2012

1 Jul 2012: Azam 1st witness cross exam day 1

Tribunal One


Azam 1st witness cross examination
In the afternoon, following the examination in chief of Azam's first witness, the cross-examination of the witness was started by the defense lawyer Mizanul Islam:
Defence: In 1971, you were the student of which year?

Witness: I was 3rd year (Hon’s) student.

Defence: Did you take part in the Liberation War?

Witness: I did not participate with arms but I was engaged with many activities of the Liberation war.

Defence: During the liberation war, before or after that period did you meet with professor Ghulam azam?

Witness: No.

Defence: Were you present in any meeting of the Professor Ghulam Azam?

Witness: No.

Defence: Were you present in any meeting of the Jaamat-i-islam?

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you involve with any student Union during your student life?

Witness: I was involved with Student Guerrilla.

Defence: Were you a member of executive committee of Central student Union?

Witness: No.

Defence: When did the election of DAKSU (Dhaka Students Union) was held before the Libeartion war?

Witness: I do no remember.

Defence: When did the election of Daksu was held after your admission of the Dhaka University.

Witness: I cannot remember.

Defence: When did the last census was held before the Libeartion War?

Witness: I can not remember.

Defence: During the Liberation War, there were 7 and half core people all over the country?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: When did you start your analysis?

Witness: In 1974.

Defence: Before 1974, you were writing at Daily Bangla and in a weekly magazine.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Before 15th August 1975, you did not write anything alleging Professor Ghulam Azam.

Witness: I can not remember.

Defence: When did Ghulam Azam form the East Pakistan Restoration Committee?

Witness: So far I can remember it was in 1973.

Defence: In which way you got the news that he formed East Pakistan Restoration Committee ?

Witness: I can not remember.

Defence: Did you have any documents regarding the East Pakistan Restoration Committee of Ghulam Azam?

Witness: No.

Defence: How many persons were in that committee?

Witness: I do not know because only the matter of Ghulam Azam was important before us.
Defence: Did you tell me Mirpur and in which area was the member of Pakistan national assembly in 1970’s election?

Witness: I do not remember.

Defence: When did you live at Pallabi?

Witness: Most probably in 1969.

Defence: Did you live in a rental house.

Witness: I was living with my uncle.

Defence: When did Non-Bengali people in Mirpur start to torture upon the Bengali people in Mirpur?

Witness: After 25th march, 1971.

Defence: In 1970’s election Awami league did not win seat from Mymensingh and from the Chittagong.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: The documents of General Niazi which you have mentionedin your statement, that was the typing part of the document and there was no signature of him.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: When did you get this document?

Witness: I found this document from achives of Razshahi Heritage this was established by the Professor Mahbbubur Rahamn’s personal initiatives at kazla area of Razshahi.

Defence: When did it start?

Witness: It was started 4 or 5 years ago.

Defence: The documents “Muktijuddher Sinno Dalil patro” was published in 2010.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Professor Mahbubur Rahman was the teacher of which department?

Witness: He was the teacher of history department.

Defence: When did he start his profession as lecturer?

Witness: I can not remember.

Defence: Did you know whether he engaged in another profession before the Libeartion war or not?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Did you ask him from where he has collected the documents general Niazi?

Witness: No.

Defence: On 16th December, 1971, General Niazi surrendered all his documents and arms to the General Jagjit Singh Arora.

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: In 1971, what was age of Professor Mahbubur Rahman?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Did you know whether Professor Mahbubur Rahamn met with General Niazi or not?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Did you know during Liberation war or after that period whether Professor Mahbubul Rahman met with any Pakistan Army or not?

Witness: I do not know.

Defence: Would you tell us whether this part of document of General Niazi is the series of any other documents or not?

Witness: It will be better if you read my book. Since I have mentioned the name of book, so all information is available at this book. Please read this book.

Defence: Please do not be angry with me, I did not get chance to read the book before.

Court was adjourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment