Thursday, November 15, 2012

26 Jul 2012: Chowdhury 9th prosecution witness

After the Sayedee case, the 9th prosecution witness, Parag Dhar in the Chowdhury case continued then came to give evidence. Sultan Mahmud started examination in chief
Prosecution: What is your name?

Witness: My name is Parag Dhar.

Prosecution: What is you father’s name?

Witness: My father’s name is Manik Dhar.

Prosecution: How old are you?

Witness: I am 48 years.

Prosecution: How old were you during the Liberation War?

Witness: I was 7 years old.

Prosecution: How long you have studied?

Witness: I have completed Bachelor of Arts.

Prosecution: What are doing at present?

Witness: I am running a business.

Prosecution: Please tell us fact of your deposition.

Witness: In 1971, second week of the month of April during the Liberation war when Muslim league was formed under the leadership of Fazlul Quder Chowdhury, there started a lot of looting an arson by the members of the Razakaar Force.

Prosecution: In which area?

Witness: These were in Jagatmollo Para, Gahira, Kundeswary. I have heard that Loot, arson was committed at those areas. After getting that news we left for India.

Prosecution: Where did you go in India?

Witness: At first we went Agortola and then Kolkata. After the liberation we came back in Bangladesh.

Prosecution: What did your father do?

Witness: He was a contractor.

Prosecution: What you have seen after coming back from India?

Witness: After coming back, I saw that our rice machine and car of my father had been looted by the Razakaar.

Prosecution: What was condition of your house?

Witness: Everything from our house had been looted.

Prosecution: Who were involved with this looting?

Witness: I heard that everything had been done under the leadership of the Fazlul Quder Chowdhury.

Prosecution: Were the sons of Fazlul Quder Chowdhury involved?

Justice Nizam: No, you cannot ask like this way. Okay, we will ask this question.

Tribunal’s Question: Was there anyone involved?

Witness: I do not know.

Prosecution: Did your father file any case in this regard?

Witness: Yes, he filed a case in 1972.

Prosecution: Who were the defendants in that case?

Witness: I did not get the copy of that case. So, I do not know were the defendants.

Prosecution: Did you give your statement to the I.O?

Witness: Yes.

Thus the way examination in chief is completed.
 Cross examination was started by the defence counsel Ahsanul Haq Hena.
Defence: Would you please tell us the relation between you and Jatis Dhar?

Witness: He is my uncle (sister’s or brother’s father in law)

Defence: Where did Jatis Dhar was during the Liberation war?

Witness: May be he was in this country.

Defence: Did you know Nirmal Chandra Sharma?

Witness: Yes but I did not have any relationship with him.

Defence: Did you know his brother Sunil?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: When did you go to India for the last time?

Witness: Yes, I went 3 or 4 years ago for the purpose of my treatment.

Defence: Did you meet with Mr. Sunil there?

Witness: I do not recall. May be I had seen him.

Defence: House Nirmal Sharma in maddham Gahira is known as “Napit Para”(Berber area)

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Did you know Kundeswary?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: All incidents which you heard had been committed by the Razakaar and Pakistani Army.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: The name Fazlul quder Chowdhury which you have said in deposition has been given to you by I.O. 
Witness: It is not true. 
Then the cross examination was completed.





















No comments:

Post a Comment