Wednesday, November 14, 2012

17 Jul 2012: Azam ramadan bail application

Following the Sayedee investigation officer cross examination finished for the day, Abdur Razzak, the defense lawyer for Golam Azam then sought bail for his client.
'My lord, we are here to seek bail for Ghulam Azan since the month of Ramadan is coming and he used to pray Tarabi namaz for more than the 30 years, except in the year 1992. And in every month of Ramadan, he usually confines himself in a mosque for the last 10 days of the holy month of Ramadan (which is called in Arabic language ITTEKAF). That is the reason I want bail of my client for the month of Ramadan only. He feels that this may be the last year of his life to pray in month of Ramadan and it is not possible for him to pray Tarabi and confine himself in mosque while in custody. My lord, petitioner will accept all the conditions which Tribunal will give.'
Zead-al-Malum: My lord, this petition is nothing but wrapped up with religion. In 1971 millions of people could not able to observe their religion and religious festivals because of atrocities. And, trial is going on and this stage witnesses are adducing their evidence so there no chance of granting bail and at the same time I think he can observe his religious duty by staying at jail custody of the BSMMU. He has been given all facilities at Jail Custody.

Abdur Razzak: My lord, he (petitioner) feels that it might be his last Ramadan.

Justice Zaheer: But why does the petitioner think so?

Justice Nizam: No one knows when he will die.

Abdur Razzak: Yes, My lord I know, but I just only submit what petitioner feels.

Justice Nizam: Order tomorrow.

Then court was adjourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment