Friday, July 6, 2012

28 May 2012: Chowdhury 3rd witness cross exam day 1

After the cross examination of the investigation officer in the Sayedee case finished for the day, the cross examination of the third witness giving evidence against Salauddin Quader Chowdhury took place. He gave his evidence the previous day
Defence: What did you mean by “Bangal”?

Witness: Person who born in Bangla Desh is called Bangal.

Ahsanul-Haq-hena: Illiterate Bengali people is called “Bangal”

Witness: It is not true.

Defence: Did you read the book of “Amar Ekotto” written by Dr. Anisuzzaman?

Witness: I can not remember.

Defence: Do you know Dr. Mahmudur Rahman who is a freedom fighter of Chittagong?

Witness: Yes, he is a commander of freedom fighter.

Defence: Is he alive and still practising?

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Do you know him?

Witness: Yes, he is one of my close friends.

Defence: Did you read the book “Banglair Jatyiotabadi Shongram, Muktijuddhe Chattragram”?

Witness: No.

Defence: Did you read the book “Ekattorer Shadhinota Shangram” written by Mahfuzur Rahman.

Witness: No, I did not read it.

Defence: The book “Bangali keno juddhe gelo” was written by you and published in August 1996.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Which Government was in power then?

Witness: Awami league Government was in power then.

Defence: How long you have studied?

Witness: I have completed S.S.C, H.S.C and B.A privately from Chittagong.

Defence: Were you involved in any political party in your student life?

Witness: Yes, I was involved in Chatro League.

Defence: When did you join in Awami League?

Witness: I was a field worker of Awami league.

Defence: What did you do in 1970 and 1971?

Witness: My profession was giving tuition.

Defence: What did you do in 1971?

Witness: I took part in the Liberation war.

Defence: What did you do in 1972?

Witness: I was looking for a job at that time and giving tuition to the student.

Defence: What are doing at present?

Witness: Now, I am a retired person.

Defence: From where you have retired?

Witness: In 1975, I was a Journalist. I was a special correspondence of B.N.A of U.A.E.

Defence: Can you show any document before the Court that you were the special correspondent of U.A.E?

Witness: Obviously I can show but not at that moment.

Defence: How many cases did you file against another person and how many cases have been filed against you.

Witness: Yes, I have filed criminal cases.

Defence: CR case no. 835, 2010. This case was filed against you? Plaintiff name was Md. Faruk.

Zead-al-malum: You cannot ask question upon the judicial proceedings since the documents has not been produced before the Tribunal.

Witness: But afterwards plaintiff withdrew the case.

Defence: Because You have threatened the plaintiff in this regard that, if he did not withdraw the case then he will be included as war criminal.

Witness: It is not true.

Defence: Where were you from 7th April to 14th April 1971?

Witness: I was in Kalurghaat fighting. Then from 12 April to 27 April, I was in my own village.

Defence: Then 8 no. battalion of East Bengal regiment was also fighting.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: Where was Major Ziaur Rahman then?

Witness: He was not at that place; he fled away and took shelter at the 2nd floor of Ramghar Post office after the incident bomb blast at the Shadhin Bangla Betar Kendra.

Defence: Can you tell us whether the list of the Freedom Fighter is kept at the DC office or not and whether your name was on the freedom fighter list or not?

Witness: Yes, It is kept at the DC office and my name was not at the freedom fighter list.

Defence: Whether your name is in the latest extra-ordinary Gazzette of the Government?

Witness: No, my name is not there but I have applied for including my name as a freedom fighter.

Defence: When did you apply?

Witness: 15.02.2011.

Defence: The abduction of the sheikh Muzaffar and his son from Unshottor Para, killing of Kundeswary. All these things you have heard from captain Karim.

Witness: Yes.

Defence: How did Capain Karim die?

Witness: May he was killed at the month of September in 1971.

Defence: You and Captain Karim was bargaining each other regarding an incident of Rahmatganj.

Witness: Yes, then I went to India. 
Then the court is adjourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment