At the second hearing (at which I was present) the four Jamaat leaders were brought to the Tribunal. What followed is best described in the bdnews24.com report
"In his ruling on Monday, the tribunal chairman said that the suspected men had been brought before the tribunal following his previous orders. "The suspected persons are now present in the dock, "he said.
He said that he had seen the report of the investigation officer who stated that "the warrant of arrest could not be executed on the four suspected persons as they were already in prison in relation to different cases".
The tribunal chairman then ordered the "suspected persons be sent back to prison" to await further orders from the court.
Prior to the order, advocates Tajul Islam tried to make an application to the tribunal on behalf of the four defendants.
The lawyer said that he had three applications – an application seeking the execution of the letter of authority, an application seeking certified copies of the complaint against them and other orders passed by the tribunal, and an application praying for a recall of the warrant of arrest.
The tribunal chief, however, stated that before making any application, it must be lodged with the registrar. "We have some procedures in this court," he said.
Bdnews24.com: Jamaat leaders to be kept in custody, Aug 2 2010
Daily Star: 4 Jamaat leaders in war trial dock, Aug 3 2010